Economics & Policy
Become a future proof Health Policy Analyst
The Economics & Policy specialisation trains you to become the best health policy analyst there is, to operate both on a national or international level. You will be educated in economics and quantitative methods. This enables you to inform management about alternative courses of action.
Ok… what does this mean?
You will help structuring answers to questions like:
- Shall we reimburse doctors with fee-for-service or should we salary them?
- Are people able to make informed and rational choices regarding their health?
- How do we retain high quality health services?
- How can we spur research and development of a covid vaccine and make it widely accessible?
- Should we concentrate hospital production into a few, big hospitals? Or should we decentralize it to preserve patients’ accessibility?
- Should healthcare insurance be funded by taxation?
Interesting right? Of course, we will train you to achieve the following necessary skills:
- to produce and critically assess empirical evidence
- to measure and test several alternative explanations
- to inform management about the design, implementation and evaluation of certain courses of action
- to provide fundamental insights to inform rational decision making and policy development
By combining economics and quantitative methods, you will be able to inform decision makers both in public and in private realms on a micro and macro level.
KNUT REIDAR WANGEN
University of Oslo
If you have any questions regarding this track, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
“I really like that this tracks gives me the academic foundations for doing research but also the hands-on knowledge I’ll need to perform valuable analysis in my current job.”
Not convinced yet? Check the other tracks
HELP GOVERNMENTS AND HEALTHCARE ORGANISATIONS TO SPEND THEIR BUDGETS WISELY
Management of Healthcare Institutions
ARE YOU THE NEW LEADER OF A HEALTHCARE INSTITUTION?
Population Health Management
TAKE ON A MANAGEMENT ROLE IN PUBLIC HEALTH