Help governments and healthcare organizations to spend their budgets wisely
So, how can I help?
You will help medical and policy decision makers answering questions like:
- How much should our society be willing to spend on a new pharmaceutical that gives 10% of the patients two or more months to live?
- Should costs, due to absence from work, be included in the cost estimates?
- What is an acceptable threshold for the costs per quality adjusted life year (QALY) for a very expensive orphan drug?
- How can a modelling approach support decisions in health care?
- What is the impact of European pharmaceutical legislation on the accessibility of drugs?
- What are the key concepts of pharmaceutical pricing and market access?
To answer questions about new pharmaceuticals or medical innovations, you need to evaluate the costs and benefits. We will train you to achieve the necessary skills to:
- evaluate costs and benefits in a systematic manner
- to measure quality of life and costs
- develop simulation models that allow estimation of the short- and long-term consequences of interventions as well as the uncertainty in these estimates
With this specialisation you will have the necessary skills to work both in the private and public sector.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
If you have any questions regarding this track, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Enjoy the best of Rotterdam and Oslo
This track is a partnership between the Erasmus University Rotterdam (2nd semester) and the University of Oslo (3rd semester). They excel in the fields of health economics, healthcare management and health policy. You will enjoy top academic education in two trendy, multicultural European cities. Both with thriving healthcare sectors and high-quality living standards.
“I am all about facts and figures. Making calculations that help top decisionmakers deciding on national health issues, give me the feeling that my job really matters.”
Not convinced yet? Check the other tracks
Economics & Policy
BECOME A FUTURE PROOF HEALTH POLICY ANALYST
Management of Healthcare Institutions
ARE YOU THE NEW LEADER OF A HEALTHCARE INSTITUTION?
Population Health Management
TAKE ON A MANAGEMENT ROLE IN PUBLIC HEALTH