Management of Healthcare Institutions
You are leaving our website
All applications are handled by the University of Oslo. You'll be redirected to their website. There is nothing to worry about, if you follow the button below, you are really applying to the right Eu-HEM programme :).
Good luck with your application! Please come back afterwards for more Eu-HEM inspiration.
Are you the new leader of a healthcare institution?
- How can we calculate long-term investments an annual budgets?
- How can managers navigate within the frame of financial limitations and the public’s expectation in the healthcare services of their country?
- How can managers address ethical dilemmas and organize ethical decision making at institutional level?
- How can we assure that the professional and cultural diversity are inclusively organised?
- How do we perform economic evaluation in hospitals to prove the evidence of treatments processes and pathways?
- How do we engage with real life practice partners and successfully manage real-life projects?
- learn to understand the responsibilities of managers
- understand financial streams
- learn to manage care pathways effectively
By teaching you theories of leadership, management, economics and organizations, you will have the tools at hand to answer the difficult questions of today’s healthcare leaders.
University of Oslo
If you have any questions regarding this track, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
SEMESTER 1 — UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA
- Fundamentals in Health Economics and Management (I.C.)
- Our Right to Health: Needs, Resources and Society
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods in Health and Healthcare (I.C.) or Quantative Methods in Health and Healthcare (I.C.)
- Health Systems or International Law and Health
SEMESTER 2 — UNIVERSITY OF oslo
- Qualitative Methods
- Finance and Investment
- Leadership Management & Organization Development
SEMESTER 3 — MCI | THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SCHOOL
- Law and Public Health Practice
- Economic Evaluation
- Ethical Decision Making
- Management Accounting & Controlling
- Real Life Simulation Methods + Real Life Simulation Practice or Applied Finance Management + Inclusive Leadership in Global Health
SEMESTER 4 — ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES IN THE TRACK
“You can’t learn how to lead but you can certainly learn to understand how to take on the challenges of healthcare leaders. I feel much more confident with the academic fundamentals I got during this programme.”
Enjoy the best of Oslo and Innsbruck
This track is a partnership between the University of Oslo (2nd semester) and the MCI – The Entrepreneurial School in Innsbruck (3rd semester). You will enjoy high academic education in two great European cities. Both with thriving healthcare sectors and high-quality living standards.
Not convinced yet? Check the other tracks
Economics & Policy
BECOME A FUTURE PROOF HEALTH POLICY ANALYST
HELP GOVERNMENTS AND HEALTHCARE ORGANISATIONS TO SPEND THEIR BUDGETS WISELY
Population Health Management
TAKE ON A MANAGEMENT ROLE IN PUBLIC HEALTH