Population Health Management
You are leaving our website
All applications are handled by the University of Oslo. You'll be redirected to their website. There is nothing to worry about, if you follow the button below, you are really applying to the right Eu-HEM programme :).
Good luck with your application! Please come back afterwards for more Eu-HEM inspiration.
Take on a management role in public health
You will be trained in the following skills:
- identify population health needs
- design evidence-based population health interventions
- implement these interventions in a multi stakeholder environment
We cover subjects as management, economics and governance. You will have knowledge about appropriate financial models and care models. Which will help you to improve clinical health processes by improving care coordination and engaging patients.
You can make a difference by helping to answer questions like:
- How can we provide evidence of population health interventions?
- How can an intervention address both the individual and collective responsibility for healthcare?
- How can digitalization support the implementation of population health interventions?
- How can population health managers address social, environmental and economical determinants of health proactively?
- How can we assure that population health interventions are aligned to different cultural contexts and serve the special needs of different societal groups?
- What are the long- and short-term consequences (costs and effects) of new and existing healthcare programs?
- How can both experts and citizens effectively be involved to design solutions strengthening population health?
- How can communities or other ‘multi-stakeholder-settings’ govern health promotion and healthcare settings?
With this specialisation you will have the necessary skills to work both in the private and public sector.
MCI | The Entrepreneurial School
If you have any questions regarding this track, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
SEMESTER 1 — UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA
- Fundamentals in Health Economics and Management (I.C.)
- Our Right to Health: Needs, Resources and Society
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods in Health and Healthcare (I.C.) or Quantative Methods in Health and Healthcare (I.C.)
- Health Systems or International Law and Health
SEMESTER 2 — MCI | THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SCHOOL
- Ethical Decision Making
- Environmental & Health Economics
- Analysis & Epidemiology
- Digitalization in Social & Health Management
- Health Promotion & Integrated Care or Global Health & Social Policies
- Determinants of Health or Intercultural & Transcultural Communication
SEMESTER 3 — Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Comparative Health Policy
- Health Technology Assessment
- Public Health Economics
- Design Thinking for Data Driven Prevention (Intro)
- Design Thinking for Data Driven Prevention (Case)
- Economics and Financing of Health Care Systems or Patient Centered Care Delivery or Advanced Research Methods
SEMESTER 4 — ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES IN THE TRACK
“I feel this track really gives me the tools to make an impact in the international field of healthcare. And yes, I really enjoyed studying in these awesome cities!”
Enjoy the best of Innsbruck and Rotterdam
This track is a partnership between the MCI – The Entrepreneurial School in Innsbruck (2nd semester) and the Erasmus University Rotterdam (3rd semester). You will enjoy high academic education in two great European cities. Both with high quality urban and outdoor living and an extensive network of national and international associated partners.
Not convinced yet? Check the other tracks
Economics & Policy
BECOME A FUTURE PROOF HEALTH POLICY ANALYST
HELP GOVERNMENTS AND HEALTHCARE ORGANISATIONS TO SPEND THEIR BUDGETS WISELY
MANAGEMENT OF HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS
ARE YOU THE NEW LEADER OF A HEALTHCARE INSTITUTION?