Population Health Management
Take on a management role in public health
The population health management track provides you with a solid background in decision-making, innovation management and governance. Our main educational goal is to enable you to design and implement evidence-based population health interventions.
You will be trained in the following skills:
- identify population health needs
- design evidence-based population health interventions
- implement these interventions in a multi stakeholder environment
We cover subjects as management, economics and governance. You will have knowledge about appropriate financial models and care models. Which will help you to improve clinical health processes by improving care coordination and engaging patients.
You can make a difference by helping to answer questions like:
- How can we provide evidence of population health interventions?
- How can an intervention address both the individual and collective responsibility for healthcare?
- How can digitalization support the implementation of population health interventions?
- How can population health managers address social, environmental and economical determinants of health proactively?
- How can we assure that population health interventions are aligned to different cultural contexts and serve the special needs of different societal groups?
- What are the long- and short-term consequences (costs and effects) of new and existing healthcare programs?
- How can both experts and citizens effectively be involved to design solutions strengthening population health?
- How can communities or other ‘multi-stakeholder-settings’ govern health promotion and healthcare settings?
With this specialisation you will have the necessary skills to work both in the private and public sector.
Management Center Innsbruck
If you have any questions regarding this track, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Enjoy the best of Innsbruck and Rotterdam
This track is a partnership between the MCI – The Entrepreneurial School in Innsbruck (2nd semester) and the Erasmus University Rotterdam (3rd semester). You will enjoy high academic education in two great European cities. Both with high quality urban and outdoor living and an extensive network of national and international associated partners.
“I feel this track really gives me the tools to make an impact in the international field of healthcare. And yes, I really enjoyed studying in these awesome cities!”
Not convinced yet? Check the other tracks
Economics & Policy
BECOME A FUTURE PROOF HEALTH POLICY ANALYST
HELP GOVERNMENTS AND HEALTHCARE ORGANISATIONS TO SPEND THEIR BUDGETS WISELY
MANAGEMENT OF HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS
ARE YOU THE NEW LEADER OF A HEALTHCARE INSTITUTION?